To request a Lyft from your Amazon Fire Tablet, download Lyft from the Amazon App Store. Keep in mind, your device must be a 2013 model or newer. If you have trouble with the download, tap the “Mayday” button on “Quick Actions” to contact Amazon Customer Support.
Request a Ride
- Log in or register with Lyft Enter your cell phone number and we’ll send a text for verification.
- Enter the code sent via text.
- Enable your location for simple requesting. Note: Some Amazon devices don’t have GPS and will use wifi to pull your location. If you notice your location pin is incorrect, move it to the proper spot or enter the address for your pickup location.
- Make sure your payment information is correct.
- Tap request Lyft and you’ll be matched with a driver!
After you request your ride, keep an eye on your cell phone — we’ll send all important ride updates via SMS. These notices will not be pushed to your Amazon Fire, but you can check your Amazon Fire to see your driver’s current location.
Alexa, on your Amazon Echo or Fire Tablet, is listening for your ride request. Here’s how to install the Lyft Skills:
- Enable the Lyft skills in the 'Skills’ section of the Alexa app. For more information on enabling skills, visit Amazon’s Help Center.
- Request a Lyft ride through Alexa, using one of the voice requests listed below, or the Lyft app.
- To make the best use of the Lyft skills, make sure you set a default home and work address in the Lyft app. From there, link your Lyft account by clicking “Link Account” in the Alexa companion app and accept the permissions.
Lyft Skills for Alexa
“Alexa, ask Lyft”
Open the Lyft skill
“Alexa, ask Lyft to call a ride”
Request an original Lyft to your home
“Alexa, ask Lyft to call a Line to work”
Request a Lyft Line from home to work
“Alexa, ask Lyft where my ride is”
Get your ride ETA
“Alexa, ask Lyft how far the nearest Plus is”
See how far the nearest Lyft Plus is
“Alexa, ask Lyft how long a Line to work will take”
See how long a Lyft Line from home to work will take
“Alexa, ask Lyft how much a ride to work will cost”
See how much a Lyft ride from home to work will cost
“Alexa, ask Lyft if there is Prime Time”
Check if there’s currently Prime Time
“Alexa, tell Lyft my driver was great”
Rate your driver 5 stars
“Alexa, ask Lyft to tip my driver 3 dollars”
Tips your driver $3
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I access driver mode on the Amazon Fire App? No — driver mode and Lyft Driver aren't currently supported on the Amazon Fire, but you can always access your driver info online.
Will my ride sync across devices? Yes! If you request a Lyft on your Fire Tablet and then leave the house with only your smartphone, you will be able to pull up the request via your phone’s Lyft app. Remember that all important ride updates will be sent via SMS and these notices will not be pushed to your Amazon Fire.